CONGRATULATIONS to the Oakville Girls Swim Team for an outstanding 2017-18 season! Finishing their regular season with a record of 7-6 is a huge accomplishment considering the high calibur of talent in the Suburban West Conference!
This team is special because they are very supportive of everyone. The individual swimmers often put aside their own personal goals to swim events beneficial to the teams success. The core swimmers consistently set good examples in practice and at meets for the new swimmers to follow. Although we will miss our 8 seniors (Ally Schmitz, Chloe Dedic, Caroline Rorah, Lindsey Tague, Hannah Baker, Casey Landmann, Morgan Schmidt, and Dalia Dzekic) next year – they have left a great core group with a solid chance to continue improving next year.
The eight state qualifiers that competed at the St. Peter’s RecPlex were Allison Schmitz, Allison Streb, Meg Heveroh, Casey Landmann, Hannah Baker, Maddie Poertner, Sarah Daues and Chloe Dedic. They set school records this season;
- 200 Medley Relay and the 200 IM, 100 Free and 100 Breaststroke.
- The 100 Back record was broken last year.
- Meg Heveroh (FR) holds the 200 IM, 100 FR and 100 Breaststroke records after her 1st high school season.
- Allison Streb (JR) holds the 100 Backstroke record.
- The 200 Medley relay record is held by Allison Streb, Meg Heveroh, Maddie Poertner and Casey Landmann.
A HUGE SHOUT OUT to freshmen Meg Heveroh who placed 11th at state in the 100 Free and received Honorable Mention All State recognition.