CLICK HERE to Go to Official Band Webpage > https://www.oakvilleband.net/
Our Varsity Winterguard competed in the WGI Tulsa Regional: There were 26 schools in their division coming from Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, & Texas. Our kids made FINALS and finished in 6th Place overall!!! Congratulations WG!!! Link to scores can be found at: https://www.wgi.org/color-
Solo and Ensemble Contests for the St. Louis Suburban Music Educators Association was held on March 6-7 at Parkway Central HS
We had 23 individual students who received an “Exemplary” Rating are now eligible to go to State Contest (5/1 @ Mizzou)
- Emre Aka, Colin Akers, Michael Agnew, Matt Coombs, Jared Hasty, Thomas Kallaos, and Ethan Kauffman,
- Tuba Trio: Alex Blume, Justin Crawford, Tyler Genthon
- Saxophone Sextet: Asia Barcom, Aaron Macrander, Faruk Sopovic, Sophie Kettenbrink, Emre Aka & John Hamburg
- Clarinet Quartet: Kayla Cormack, Alyssa Cervera, Carley Hopkins, Isabella Wirthlin
- Trumpet Trio: Matt Coombs, Max Jonak, & Ethan Kauffman
- WW Trio: Mylena Lam, Asia Barcom, Bonnie Niedermann
- WW Trio: Norah Kovac, Alyssa Cervera, Isabella Wirthlin
February 2020 –
Congrats to both JV & Varsity Winterguard as they competed in the Mid-Continent Color Guard Association contest this past Saturday at Edwardsville High School
January 2020 – The Marching Band and Winter Guard were recently featured by FJM (Fred J Miller) in their 2019-20 IMAGES catalog.
May 23, 2018 – The Oakville High School Band was featured on Channel 4 News. It was a great feature and will help promote the effort to get the band to France next June. Another version of the story will air this afternoon on the 4:00 news. We are trying to share the story as far and wide as we can, and were hoping the district might be able to link the story on their social media. We weren’t entirely sure who to contact, so I’m sending to all of you. We really need community involvement in this process, and this is a great first step. The story link is below. Please take a look and share it if you can.
February 28, 2017 – Congratulations to our Symphonic Band & Wind Symphony. Both groups received “Exemplary” ratings while competing in the MSHSAA State Band Contest. This is the highest honor MSHSSA bestows and we are thrilled two have two bands receive this accolade.
We had a great time and were so proud of the kids, not only for their performance but for their behavior & etiquette all along the way. Both our Symphonic Band and Wind Symphony received Superior Ratings and exemplary comments from a panel of distinct judges at The National Adjudicators Invitational in Atlanta, GA.
- Having clinics with composers: David Holsinger and Robert W. Smith
- Attended Concert of Atlanta Symphony Orchestra/Chorus: We heard the World Premier of Jonathan Leshnoff’s orchestral work “Zohar” and The German Requiem by Brahms.
- Campus Tour of Lee University
- Q & A with Carl Azuz, CNN Anchor of Student News
- Coca-Cola Tour (stay away from Italy’s “Beverly” and South America’s “Inca-Cola”)
- Hiking 5.6 miles round trip up Stone Mountain (due to high winds, the lift was not operating)
Ally Ashbrook Grace Bellovich Tyler Biermann
Conrad Bucholtz Luke Carroll Matthew Chenot
Nathan Doty Elise Elking Ashley Griffie
Tommy Gholston Curtis Halbrook Mallorie Hodges
Amber Hupperts Ashley Jackubeck Devin Jost
Gio Lauriello Heather Ludwig RJ Martin
Karissa May Katie McElroy Jacob McSwiney
Abby Menkhus Nicole Neher David O’Donnell
Emma O’Donnell Victoria Ratcliff Sara Ravens
Maddie Reinagel Caleb Roth Carson Shaper
Lukas Shelp Jacob Steding Travis Tice
Kris Wu Taylor Zapf Lauren Zygmont
Four OHS band students will be attending the Bi-State Honor Band on the campus of SIUE on Friday, January 22 – Saturday, January 23.
For information about the band or future events, visit their website www.oakvilleband.com
Hawaii Trip 2014:
The OHS band was asked to perform on the USS Missouri in order to honor the 70th anniversary of Pearl Harbor this summer! Mr. Brakefield read the band a letter from Governor Nixon about a year ago, congratulating the band on being chosen. The band was picked because someone involved with the anniversary celebration heard their performance at the Missouri Music Educators Association Conference and was impressed with the superior production our band provides!
In addition to the band teachers; Mr. Vance Brakefield and Mr. Theron Perkowski, Principal Mrs. Jan Kellerman and the middle school band directors will also be going on the trip as well as a few teachers.
The band marched in the 98th Annual King Kamehameha Floral Parade and were selected Best Band, played on the USS Missouri at the celebration, went to the beach, hiked to the top of Diamond Head, and got to go to a luau! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity that our students will remember for a lifetime!